Career opportunities at SPC
Established in 1985, Sinclair Pratt Cameron, P.C. has contributed to the community as a knowledgeable & experienced consulting structural engineering firm. Our work has included multi-story offices, warehouse and manufacturing facilities, medical and sports facilities, large and small breweries, large shopping centers, churches, schools, cofferdams, bulkheads, parking garages, multi-family complexes, single family homes, and stateside/overseas military facilities.
We presently call the Hilltop area of Virginia Beach our home. Our office is less than 1/4 mile to I-264 at the First Colonial Road exit. We are very convenient to shopping (Target, Walmart, Office Depot, Stein Mart, PetSmart), restaurants (Butcher's Son, No Frill Bar & Grill, El Azteca, The Melting Pot, The Baker's Crust, Panera Bread, Pizza Hut, Chipotle, Cobalt Grille, Le Yaca), almost restaurants (Five Guys Burgers & Fries, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Firehouse Subs, KFC, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Chick-fil-A, Panda Express), & other stuff (the YMCA, banks, bowling, surf shops, home improvement, etc.) with all of these within easy walking distance!
Current Job Openings
Sinclair Pratt Cameron, a structural engineering consulting firm, has an opening for a Revit/AutoCAD Operator who is interested in working on a wide range of structural engineering projects.
About the Job
The Revit/AutoCAD Operator is an imperative part of the design process. You will use AutoCAD and Revit to generate construction document packages from schematic phase through to construction document phase, and other information necessary to make detailed drawings clear and complete.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Work under the direction of engineers and Project Managers to develop construction document packages
• Manipulate/translate various digital file formats in order to create useable CAD/Revit drawings
• Building Revit Structure models to create construction document packages.
• Will work closely with Project Manager to review and meet project goals
• Minimum of 2 years of experience, with minimum of 2 years structural experience
• Associate Degree and/or Trade School/Revit/AutoCAD Certification preferred
• AutoCAD 2020 experience, used for a small portion of new work and to make revisions to older projects.
• Revit 2018-2020 experience, we do 95% of our new projects in Revit
• Revit experience detailing structural drawings and plans a plus
• Understanding of drawing setup modeling technique and general knowledge of drafting standards
• Construction knowledge or construction background not required but preferred
• Ability to quickly absorb and utilize company-specific techniques, standards and procedures
• Ability to coordinate with other disciplines effectively in a Revit environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organizational skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Must have good follow through and self-implemented Quality Control measures
• Able to utilize MS Office, Bluebeam would be useful
Sinclair Pratt Cameron offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401K plan, paid time off, and more.